This weekend I finished Neither Poverty nor Riches by Craig Blomberg. The book serves as a theological survey of Scripture regarding money and possessions. Here are Blomberg’s final five conclusions from this book which I highly recommend:
- Material possessions are a good gift from God meant for his people to enjoy.
- Material possessions are simultaneously one of the primary means of turning human hearts away from God.
- A necessary sign of a life that is in the process of being redeemed is that of transformation in the area of stewardship.
- There are certain extremes of wealth and poverty that are in and of themselves intolerable.
- Above all, the Bible’s teaching about material possessions is inextricably intertwined with more spiritual matters.